One of the best things about the hair is that it’s quite flexible. You can style it in so many different ways, letting you change up your look with a change in hairstyle. However, it’s prone to damage, so it’s not recommended to use heat to change up your looks everyday. Because of this, you might want to learn how to keep your hair straight overnight.
There are tons of benefits from learning this method. For one, it will save you a lot of time in the morning.
If you need to spend a lot of time on your hair before you can step out of the house, learning how to keep your hair straight while you sleep would let you do your hairstyling before you go to bed instead.
This can also help you extend the results you got from styling your hair the morning before. So instead of having to re-do the whole thing all over again, you might just need to touch up your hair before heading out.
Last but not the least, if you can keep your hair straight at night, you don’t have to keep using heat styling tools and straightening products too often. This will then help you keep your locks healthier.
So how do you actually keep your hair straight overnight? Below are a few tricks that you can try.
Unless you have seriously kinky tresses, there are ways how you can straighten hair without heat overnight or keep hair straight at night. Here are a few of them that you can try as soon as tonight.
One of the most popular ways to keep hair straight overnight is to wear a silk scarf on your head or use a silk pillowcase. This trick is often dished out to those with wavy or straight but frizzy locks.
Why? Because other fabrics can create friction with your hair overnight. Every toss and turn you make while you’re asleep will dent your locks and cause them to bend and curl. It’s the exact opposite of having straight hair in the morning.
If your hair is in contact with silk (or satin) instead, the smoothness of the material will prevent the creation of too much friction between your hair and your pillowcase. This will then help reduce frizz, letting you wake up with smooth and straight locks.
Another excellent way to keep your straight hair overnight is by tying it up. This might seem a bit counterintuitive but technically, it’s really not. By tying your hair in the method we’ll outline below, your locks won’t go all over the place. In turn, you also won’t sleep on your locks while it’s positioned awkwardly and create bends and curls on it.
How do you tie your hair to keep it straight until the morning? Follow these steps:
1. Grab a handful of hair elastics. Thick ones are better options and if you have long locks, make sure to have a lot of them ready.
2. Divide your hair into two sections and tie them in pigtails at the base of your nape. Make sure to do this very loosely so the ties won’t make a dent on your locks.
3. Loosely tie more elastics along the length of your tresses. This will ensure that they’ll stay in place all through the night.
This is an amazing method that might really blow you away if you’re not well-versed in styling hair just yet. It’s a very popular technique that can either keep your locks straight as it dries or prolong its straightness for another day.
How do you use this method? We’ll discuss the two techniques below.
To straighten your slightly wavy hair as it dries with this method, here’s what you have to do:
1. Comb out your hair nicely after washing it. Make sure to detangle the knots and keep your locks flat. You’ll need a very fine-toothed comb known as the pin-tail comb to smoothen out your hair and keep it flat against your head. It’s also recommended to apply a wrap lotion or some oil at this point to help you further smoothen out your locks.
2. Divide your hair into two sections. One would be at the crown and the other will be all of the hair around your face. Put the crown section up in a bun so you can keep it out of the way as you wrap your hair around your head. Some skip this step but it can be very tricky to do if you’re not an expert yet. You can find tutorials online on how to do it, however.
3. Start parting the available hair on the side then flatten it out while wrapping it around your head. Continue wrapping until the ends of your hair come out on top. Use some pins to set it in place.
4. Comb out the section of your hair on your crown then wrap it flatly around your head.
5. Wrap your hair with a special wrapping net then cover it with a silk scarf on top. You can then go to bed like this.
You can also use this method even if you have something to go to a few hours later. You can use best hooded hair dryers to speed up the process and give you straight hair without using a flat iron.
If you want to use this method to keep flat ironed hair straight overnight, you can also easily do so. The steps are pretty much the same, except for the washing part. Some people recommend applying some oil to make your hair smoother and more manageable, though, so make sure to give that a try before you start proceeding with steps two to five.
Note, however, that this method is best used on long hair. It might be too tricky to do with shorter locks but if you’re willing to give it a try, you might also get good results.
Did you know that there are also quite a number of straightening hair serums, lotions, and mousses in the market today? They’re most effective on those with wavy hair as they tend to add weight and elasticity to your tresses.
However, they’re best used with other straightening methods like hair wrapping. So aside from the wrap lotion, you can also apply a hair straightening serum to your hair before you wrap it. This can straighten your hair overnight more effectively.
This might be a little bit confusing but don’t dismiss rollers just yet. By using the really large ones which are about the same size as a soda can, your hair won’t get dented and bent to create curls. Putting them on before bed will let you wake up with straight hair.
To use these items, make sure to place them firmly on top of your head so you can still sleep with your head rested on a pillow.
Another expert way to get straight hair overnight is to deep condition your locks while you catch some shuteye. A lot of folks who struggle with frizzy hair only needs more moisture in their locks to make them straighter.
They don’t necessarily have curly or wavy locks, it’s just that the frizz causes their locks to go all over the place.
By deep conditioning, you can supplement your locks with moisture. This will allow it to become smoother and straighter if your locks are naturally straight.
How do you deep condition your locks while you sleep? Follow these easy tips:
1. Choose a deep conditioning product. There are some that can also cause your hair to become straighter, so those might be better options for you. You can also concoct your own hair mask recipe with all-natural ingredients if you want. There are tons of great recipes online that you can try.
2. Wash your hair and squeeze out the excess moisture. Again, do not rub your hair as this will cause friction and make your locks frizz.
3. Massage the deep conditioning mask on your hair. Make sure to apply it from the roots to the tips.
4. Comb out your hair with a wide tooth comb to remove all of the knots and tangles. Once done, use a finer tooth comb to smooth it out.
5. You can then put your hair up in a clean bun up on your head or wrap it around your head using the instructions provided above before covering it with a shower cap and a hair wrap. For the best results, it might be best to do the hair wrapping technique provided above.
6. Rinse out your hair in the morning and then comb it out. Use a hair blower for faster drying.
A lot of people say that when they get a blowout at their go-to salon, their straight hair lasts for a day or two. However, when they blow dry their own locks, they go back to their natural shape at the end of the day. This says a lot about your technique, really, so all you have to do is to improve your blow-drying skills.
To do this, research is necessary. You can now find tons of tutorials online that can help you learn how you can make your at-home blowouts last. They can also teach you which hair products and tools you can use. You can find lots of reviews available for hair straightening serums as you would with the best diffuser for curly hair, so you don’t have to worry about doing some research.
Once you’ve learned the best hair styling techniques, you can now sleep with straightened hair without any worries.
If you can commit to straight hair after having wavy or curly hair, you can also just head to your favorite salon and get a hair straightening treatment. Doing this can really get your hair straight and keep your hair straight overnight after straightening it without any fuss. You can go to bed without even having to comb out your hair and you’ll still wake up with straight locks.
How does this process work? This method will use special solutions that will change the natural shape of your hair strands. So instead of curling while they dry out, they will remain straight, thanks to the chemicals used in this process.
Unfortunately, a lot of experts aren’t big fans of this method. This is because most of the hair straightening chemicals available in the market today contain formaldehyde.
This makes them dangerous to your health, so you might want to reconsider your decision of getting this treatment.
It’s hard to look for formaldehyde-free hair straighteners but an easy all-natural recipe is said to offer some hair straightening that can last for a couple of weeks at a time. This involves some coconut oil, olive oil, cornstarch, and lemon juice mixed and simmered together then applied to the hair. You will need to apply it twice a week for two months, however, before it can nicely straighten your hair, though, so a little bit of patience and persistence is needed.
The curlier your hair is, the more likely it is that you spend longer on straightening it in the morning. This is a major hassle, especially if you have to head out early.
Of course, you can always just wear your curly or wavy locks as they are, but if you want to change things up from time to time, it would be nice if you can straighten your locks with ease, right? Learning how to keep straight hair overnight would also come in handy since it can extend the wearability of your straightened hair.
The techniques we’ve listed above are great examples of the different ways how to keep your hair straight or straighten it overnight. Some might work better for wavy hair but others can also be very effective for seriously curly locks so all of them can be very helpful in solving your hair woes.