If you are like most people, you want to look and feel healthy and happy. Here at Healthytop10s we are all about promoting a healthy life style. Whether you are a man or a woman, part of feeling healthy and happy is having nice-looking hair. It is one of the first things that people observe when seeing you for the first time.
Whether you like it or not, how your hair appears can have a remarkable impact on their impression of you overall. If you want to leave a positive impression, use the ten tips below to maintain your hair health:
- Don’t over wash your hair. Very few people actually need to wash their hair daily. Two to three times per week should suffice.
- Be careful drying your hair. Use the right hair dryer for your type of hair. For example, these hair dryers are great for natural hair and these are great for curly hair. If you travel a lot be sure to check out these travel blow dryers.
- Never, ever brush your hair when it is wet. Your hair is weaker and more vulnerable to damage when wet. If you have tangles that you need to work out, apply thick conditioner and use a hair pick to gently work out any tangles you may have.
- Use a good conditioner on the ends of your hair. Applying it closer to your scalp is not necessary and may leave your hair with a greasy appearance. Focus on the damaged areas.
- When brushing, always start at the ends and work your way up. If you have knots or tangles in your hair, work the ones out at the bottom first. If you make the mistake of combing from your roots, it can pull the hair out of your follicle.
- Be careful with wet hair. Wrap it up in a towel to blot out the excess moisture after your shower. Rubbing the towel over your hair strands can damage your hair.
- Have the ends trimmed every six to eight weeks. This will remove any damage and keep your hair looking great!
- Use an organic hair mask once each week. Find a formula for your hair type and follow the directions.
- Avoid heated styling tools as much as possible. If you can, let your hair air dry and consider using curlers instead of heated irons. However, if your hair does get try use one of these best hair steamers to keep your hair healthy.
- Eat the right fats. Your hair needs the right nutrients to be healthy. This includes healthy fats like those found in salmon, trout and sardines.
As you can see, it is not really that difficult to maintain a healthy scalp and hair. If you follow these suggestions regularly, you should have soft and healthy hair all of the time! If you want more makeup tips check out our most popular article about best airbrush makeup kits.
About the author: Sherry Harris is the solopreneur of Sherry’s Life. On the blog she writes about any and everything related to hair care and hairstyles.